Vacations are all about relaxation, but sometimes really taking the time to unwind can be tricker than you might think. If a moment of calm is what you’re after, we’ve got some great tips for you
1. Book an All-Inclusive Package: If there’s one thing that’s guaranteed to snap you into reality when you’re enjoying a relaxing vacation, it’s a huge hotel or food bill. All Inclusive means you can forget room charges and bar bills. You can forget paying extra for water sports or activities. You can even forget hidden charges like taxes. It really is a no brainer.
Great all inclusive packages, like the ones Sandals offers it’s guests, really do take care of everything. So, every single thing that you might possibly want while on vacation is already paid for and dealt with.
2. Leave Work Back Home: If there's one thing that can get in the way of a relaxing vacation, it's work. Don't let it happen. Keep your distance, set boundaries for yourself and try to put it out of your mind completely if you can. How often do you get to completely unplug from your work life?
3. Location, Location, Location: Your choice of destination matters. There are some places in the world where you don’t have to make an effort to relax, it just happens. Take the islands of the Caribbean and Bahamas for example. Once you gaze across the white sand beaches you’ll probably feel more relaxed than you have felt in years! These destinations are perfect if you’re looking for a relaxing beach vacation. All you need to do is step off the plane. From the moment you step into the Sandals Lounge at your destination airport, you’ll feel your worries melt away. There’s a lot to be said about your vacation destination if you’re trying to create a relaxing break, so take the time to think about your choices before you book.
4. Hit the Hotel Gym: Exercise might not be your first choice if you’re trying to relax, but trust me on this one. The rush of endorphins you get from exercise can bring on a total sense of peace and calm. A brisk morning walk around the lush resort grounds and/or calm sea shore is a great way to start your day. Kick off the day with a healthy workout then grab a good breakfast at your choice of resort restaurants (all-Included). Now you are ready to start your day feeling proud and energized.
5. Try Something New: At Sandals resorts you’ll never be bored, because there are hundreds of exciting activities to choose from. If you’re headed to the Caribbean, it’s a great opportunity to try water sports.
Stand up paddle boarding is a fun way to spend an afternoon relaxing on vacation. It’s a great way to tone up, too! If speed is more your thing, you could opt for one of the many motorized water sports. And if you’ve got your eye on a real Caribbean adventure, why not try scuba diving? Islands like St. Lucia offer amazing hiking trails through the rainforest, giving visitors an amazing opportunity to be at one with nature and embrace their surroundings. So, if lying on a sun bed all day isn’t for you, why not grab your hiking boots and hit the trails?
6. Indulge in a Spa Treatment: The Caribbean is home to some of the best spa retreats and all-inclusive resorts in the world. Having another person take care of your every need can make you feel completely at ease. Sharing this experience with your significant other at the spa can also make for some truly relaxing bonding time together. Spa experiences are usually an added expense but well worth the cost. Remember, you are on vacation to relax, so treat yourselves!
If a moment of calm is just what the doctor ordered, there’s no better way to relax than by taking a break on a tropical island! Follow our tips on relaxing and you’ll be a pro when it comes time to take another trip. Whether you’re a beach bum, a keen scuba diver or a rainforest explorer we’ll be able to find the perfect relaxing vacation for you.